Probably the most well-known no-no food for dogs, chocolate can be dangerous and even fatal if consumed in large enough quantities. The toxic substance is theobromine, which like caffeine, is a methylxanthine. Methylxanthines are alkaloids, which can be found in high concentrations in chocolate and coffee. Theobromine can cause diarrhea, vomiting, tremors, seizures, and even cardiac arrest, among other symptoms and complications.
The most dangerous chocolates are dark chocolate and unsweetened baking chocolate. We recently heard a terrible story involving a dog on Christmas morning who discovered a stocking Santa left before the family’s children woke and devoured all the chocolate inside. Fortunately, the dog lived, but not after awful symptoms and an expensive Christmas visit to the emergency animal hospital.
Veterinarians will tell you that the most common times for chocolate-related incidents with dogs are around holidays like Christmas, Easter, and Valentine’s Day when chocolate is most present in homes. So take extra care in these ties to keep it away from your dogs. just for dogs food